Love Life over 40 (LLo4) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our pledge to you:
- Is to hold your data securely
- Never share your data with our partners or third parties unless you agree
- Use your data to tailor the information we provide you and improve our services
- Where possible, put you in control by allowing you to update, delete and access your data yourself, otherwise make it simple for you to contact us to request data be removed.
- Data controller: A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- Data processor: A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
- Data subject: Natural person
- Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
- Personal data: The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
- Special categories personal data: The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
- Processing: means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Third party: means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
Love Life over 40 is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. For all data matters contact email@example.com or call 07955 259422. You can also write to us at 56 Seacliff Road, Bangor, Co Down. BT20 5EZ,
3. What personal information will Love Life over 40 collect about me?
- The information we collect from you
- Why we collect it
- How long we store it
- Our legal basis for processing your personal data
- Who if anyone we disclose your personal data to
- Your rights and how you can see, update or delete your personal data
- Our digital services.
- Services we use to communicate like social media
- How to contact us directly, via email, phone, letter
4. Information we collect from you and the categories of personal data concerned.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.lovelifeover40.com.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, apply to become a member, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site or your LLo40 membership or merchandise orders.
We require your personal data to deliver, your membership, fulfill orders or email subscription. We collect and process the following data about you:
- We collect your name, email, billing and delivery address to process and dispatch your order(s) if applicable.
- If you opt-in to receive our e-newsletter we will hold your email address and any further information you provide until you unsubscribe which you can do by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe button you will find in all e-newsletters.
- We collect your name, company name, email, address, phone number and business profile provided by you for directory listings. If you subscribe to a paid listing your payment details will be processed through Paypal or Stripe and will not be held by LLo40.
- The data will be held securely as long as your membership with us is active. If you decide not to renew your business membership, we will hold the data securely for a period of 6 months and then delete it permanently.
- Competition entries
When you enter a competition, we may collect your name and email address. You are also given the option to consent to future email marketing from us. We process this data as part of our contract to you and we retain it for 24 months after the competition has closed.
However, if you consent to future marketing we will continue to process your data on that basis. We may use this data and other data we hold about you to tailor the communications we send and improve our service to you and others. We store this in a secure database. If you withdraw consent it will be deleted within a month.
If you consent / opt-in to marketing from our named partners, we will share your data with them.
5. When you use our digital services
- We use website log files, cookies, digital analytics (Google) to gather information about how people use our website (www.lovelifeover40.co.uk).
- We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) in our website analytics. However, we can recognise that behaviours belong to a single person – although we cannot identify you, just the way you use the site. The information collected helps us investigate whether our website meets its users’ needs as well as to evaluate how our website can be improved. We store information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you clicked on.
- Website log files collect your IP address, when you visited the site and the pages you visited. IP address is a numeric code assigned to a device based on your geographical location. If for example you are in London your IP address will be the same as other users accessing the internet from London.
Digital Analytics & Doubleclick
- Digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick may be used to record anonymous user’s interaction with LLo40 website (www.lovelifeover40.co.uk). This data may then be used to retarget users through advertising on other websites, therefore an individual’s behaviour on one of our websites may result in them being retargeted with advertising related to the pages they visited or actions they took on the site.
- You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of our use of Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RSLA)
6. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data is for the consent of the data subject in order to deliver your membership, merchandise order, and continue to receive communication on news and updates from LLo40.
More information on lawful processing can be found on the ICO website.
7. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will never share your personal data with our partners or any third parties unless you agree/ opt-in.
8. Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as it is a requirement of delivering your membership, merchandise order or subscription if applicable.
9. Your rights and your personal data
- Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability) where applicable (i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable (i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics)
10. Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the UK.
11. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
12. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
14. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact email@example.com or call 07955 259422
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.